1 сообщение / 0 новое

Backstrom not likely to play once more this season for Resources

Shelby Jaime
пользователь
Backstrom not likely to play once more this season for Resources

ARLINGTON, Va.-- Nicklas Backstrom most likely won't play for the Washington Capitals once more this season since of ongoing concerns with his surgically fixed left hip, general manager Brian MacLellan claimed Monday."I would certainly claim it's not likely now, " MacLellan said. "Yet we'll play it out here a little."The Capitals introduced on Wednesday that Backstrom is taking some time far from hockey due to the fact that of what the 35-year-old onward called, "my ongoing injury scenario.""This is a tough choice, but one that I feel is best for my health and wellness currently, " Backstrom said in a declaration launched by the group. "I wish to thank my teammates, the organization and followers for their undeviating assistance throughout this procedure. I request for personal privacy currently as I establish my following steps and practical options moving on."Backstrom, that has one help in 8 games this season, had resurfacing surgical treatment on his left hip June 17, 2022. The 35-year-old returned to have 21 points in 39 games last period and proclaimed himself "one hundred percent" in training camp after having a full offseason to train for the initial time considering that 2020, but informed MacLellan, train Spencer Carbery, and Washington's training personnel recently that his hip was not responding how he would certainly like."It's a tough one, " MacLellan said. "You view his progression below over the two-plus years, playing pain Reid Cooper Jersey, many healing attempts to obtain it much better, after that the hip resurfacing. I imply it's been a lengthy procedure that has actually been hard on him psychologically and mentally. So, it's been difficult to see him undergo all that things and afterwards make the decision a few days ago."Backstrom has actually had chronic problems with his hip. After having arthroscopic surgical treatment on it in 2015, it began to trouble him once again late in the 2020-21 period. Attempting to avoid an additional surgical treatment, he missed out on the very first 28 video games in 2021-22 while rehabbing his hip and returned to get 31 points in 47 regular-season games and 6 factors in six Stanley Mug Playoff games for Washington.Backstrom chose to have hip resurfacing surgical procedure adhering to that period as what he called "a last resort." Florida Panthers defenseman Ed Jovanovski was the only previous gamer to return to the NHL after having hip resurfacing surgical treatment when he played 37 games in 2013-14 prior to retiring.MacLellan said the opportunity of playing the rest of this season and, potentially beyond, without Backstrom was emotional for the entire group."You see the method the gamers respond, " he stated. "Every coach and coaching staff that's undergone right here has miraculous respect for him. So, I assume it's a period of-- it's a challenging situation, and at some point everyone's got to relocate on."Picked with the No. 4 pick in the 2006 NHL Draft Peter Bondra Jersey, Backstrom is second in Capitals background behind Alex Ovechkin with 1, 033 points in 1, 105 NHL regular-season video games. He is Washington's all-time aids leader and ranks second in group history in games played, power-play factors and overtime objectives, and fourth in objectives, power-play goals and game-winning goals.Backstrom's 23 points in the 2018 playoffs aided the Resources win the Stanley Cup for the very first time in their background. He is second in Capitals background with 114 points in 139 championship game, likewise behind Ovechkin."I don't understand if we can define how much he's indicated to the company, " MacLellan said. "He's the guy that has driven the culture here for a very long time-- practically his whole profession right here, 17 years. The method he manages himself off the ice and on the ice, I assume that's a huge part of our success and our society that we have actually had more than the years here."Backstrom has 2 periods left on a five-year, $46 million contract he authorized Jan. 14, 2020. He was positioned on damaged book last week. MacLellan stated he will certainly "ultimately" be positioned on lasting damaged book. That would certainly open some income cap room for the Resources to make enhancements to roster.MacLellan recognized he's proceeding his search of a profession for a top-six onward. The Resources can use racking up assistance; they are 31st in the NHL in scoring 1.90 objectives per video game."Our goal is to still add a top-six person in the best age from the offseason, " he stated. "Our goal is still to do that. We're still seeking opportunities that could present that."MacLellan claimed there is no timetable yet for ahead Max Pacioretty to play this period. The 34-year-old, that signed a 1 year Enrico Ciccone Jersey, $2 million agreement with Washington on July 1, hasn't played given that tearing his ideal Achilles tendon for the 2nd time when betting the Carolina Hurricanes versus the Minnesota Wild on Jan. 19, however has begun skating on his very own."He's beginning development, the skating progression, " MacLellan claimed. "I think they have a set schedule where he's minimal the amount of times he can jump on the ice. We won't have a certain time period for him up until he signs up with method. So, we'll determine that with how he makes with his skating sessions, specific skating sessions."MacLellan said defenseman Joel Edmundson and onward Nic Dowd will likely return to exercise by the end of this week. Defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk is daily with a lower-body injury he endured in a 2-1 win versus the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.